“Eat… and drink your greens”
Today I want to talk to you about the importance of eating and drinking your greens!
Now I know you might be thinking “Oh, here we go… I’ve heard this one a hundred times” but just keep
reading babe because you’re about to discover exactly why greens are so damn good for you and to help
you get started I’ll be sharing my top tips of how you can easily boost your greens intake… daily! Plus, I’ve
included my favorite green juice recipe the “Glowing Goddess Green Juice” just in case you’re in need of a
Dark, leafy greens are amazing for you because they are low in fat, high in fiber (which is great for
digestion) and loaded with vitamins and minerals! They are especially rich in folic acid which promotes
the production of new cells… so say hello to glowing skin, shiny hair and strong nails! They are also
packed full of vitamins A, C & K and contain minerals like iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Greens are alkalizing, meaning that if you consume them on a regular basis they can help to regulate
acidity in your body and maintain a healthy pH level. Eating greens also helps to cleanse your liver and
detox your body of any nasty toxins.
Benefits of Eating Super Greens:
Boosts your mood
Improves your skin
Strengthens your immune function
Improves energy levels
Stimulates growth of new cells
Stabilises blood sugar
Reduces sugar cravings
What to eat…
All greens are great but a few of my personal favorites are:
Matcha Green Tea
Sea Vegetables & Seaweeds (Kelp, Nori, Dulse, Wakami, Kombu, Arame)
My Top 10 Tips:
1. Add baby spinach leaves and greens powder to your breakfast smoothie.
2. Drink a fresh, cold pressed green juice daily.
3. Include greens in each of your main meals.
4. Aim for 50% of your lunch and dinner plate to be green.
5. Swap your morning coffee for a matcha green tea latte.
6. Hide it in your treats! (I blend avocado, cacao powder & raspberries together to make healthy
chocolate mousse and cake frosting)
7. Eat more green salads.
8. Experiment with different ways of preparing your greens (Stir-fry, Steam, Boil, Bake, Blend, Juice…
have fun with it and don’t limit yourself!)
9. Buy fresh greens at your local farmers market each week.
10. Prepare healthy snacks like celery sticks and kale chips with avocado dip.
Glowing Goddess Green Juice
I try to have a cold pressed green juice daily because it’s a fast and delicious way of getting a large
amount of nutrients into my body!
1 cup filtered water
1 bunch celery
1 bunch kale
1 bunch parsley
2 handfuls mint leaves
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
2 cubes fresh turmeric
4 cubes fresh ginger
20 drops liquid stevia
1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
1. Wash all ingredients thoroughly and cut into small pieces.
2. Place all ingredients in your juicer, one piece at a time and juice.
3. Stir in liquid stevia and cinnamon powder.
4. Fill a glass ½ full with ice and pour in the green goodness.
Sip mindfully and enjoy!
Tips: Not sure what to do with the left-over pulp? Add it into the garden to make compost for your plants.
Serves: 6 (so you can share it with your loved ones!)
So gorgeous, I hope I’ve got you feeling inspired and excited to eat and drink your greens! If you
like the look of my “Glowing Goddess Green Juice” make sure you share it with a girlfriend and
encourage her to get on the good green stuff too!
P.s – I’d love to see which greens you try out this week and how you make them taste even more
delicious Take a pic and tag me in it on Facebook and Instagram! @kathryn.chandler